Rakel Björk

Friday, December 28, 2007

Hey all and happy holidays!
A whole month since I wrote here last and alot has happened since then. I was in Scandinavia for three weeks working in the cabin. Soon after I came home I went to Canada were I was for five days. Than I did some hard studying with my little sister. I was well in time with the christmasshopping and Magnus yes I did shop alot ;) mostly in Denmark.

Andreas came with his friends one weekend. I took them to the golden circle and we got a very nice weather for it. I had been getting abit worried that we might not be able to go to the country because there had been a storm and some bad weather. It is fun to be a tourist in your own country, have to do that more often. His friends are so nice and very funny, just to bad that my schedule was so thight that I could not show them more around.

The christmas in Iceland start at 1800, I was very surprised when I heard that it was not like that in all Scandinavia. Me and mom stayed home and listened to the mess in the radio but dad and my little sister went to the curch. In the middle of the mess there came a huge lightning and the biggest thunder ever. Lightnings and thunders are very uncommen here in the north. It was so big that me and mom went looking for tourches to use if the power would go off. Kind of cool.
The christmasfood was so good that we did not have any space in our stomachs for the desert so we skipped it and started opening the christmaspresents. I am always so excited about the presents, I totally turn into a small kid. I got alot of cool stuff. An electrical drill and two sets of tools, one pink and the other yellow so now I can always have the tools matching my outfit ;) Then I got some girly stuff as well.

I just heard that the evening of 25th is the biggest partynight in Sweden. It is actually illeagal to have the bar´s open in Iceland from the 24th to the 26th. Strange how different we can be.

What I like the most about christmastime is meeting up with all my friends, specially the ones that are studying abroad and tonight I will be meeting up with my friends from gymnasium.

Take care you all and I am very much looking forward to see you and here from you in the year 2008 :)
 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com