Venice beach
"My BE-76" with the big one behindA "slightly" bigger aircraft parked next to ours at Charlotte airport today. We seem to have been there at a perfect timeing. It is not really a commercial airport but the short time we were there this aircraft came (think it is called P2) it has both jet and prop engines. There were acrobatic aircrafts flying formation and when taxing we were behind a MD-80 and held short for a B737-200. There has been some thunderstorm activity so we were on a good lookout for black clouds.
Yesterday I went again to Venice, this time I remembered to bring my camera but kind of forgot to take pictures. My camera is not the best so I sometimes do not bother. On my newest pics there is even some black stuff on the pics so I think I will have to go to Best Buy and buy a new one while I am here. We had a passenger with us, a funny friend of Gilad and met up with Jeremy and Ryan again so we were five of us out to eat at Sharks. I got really good spicy chicken-wings. I am a bit pissed of at myself that I did not take a pic of the bunch, at least the crew I flew with.
I am always realizing better and better how special the Icelandic language is. I often take sentences and translate them directly over to english but it really does not translate the meaning of the words. For example I talked about getting a wet tissue thrown into your face - it does not work in english, I should have said - get slapped in the face. There are so many things like that. Again it has been pointed out to me that I very often say hmm.... when I do not understand or hear something. My swedes were the first one to point it out to me last time when I was here and now Gilad and his friend were talking about it as well. Funny things.
hours 40.5

<< Home