Rakel Björk

Tuesday, August 12, 2008


The weather in july was awesome, so nice and hot. One day a heatrecord was made. Than it was nice to have the swimmingpool in the garden. It takes about 1 and a half hour to make it usable. To have it full takes 5 and a half hours - than it has 4 tonns of water. We were in the garden the whole day, going in and out of the swimmingpool and playing game. On the pic below you can see my grandma throwing horeshoes (skeifukast) We even ordered pizzas for dinner and ate outside.
The garden is getting close to look like amusement park. We have the dollhouse, tramploine, swimmingpool and some funny blow up footballgoals. The youngest person living in the house is 21!

The first weekend in August is like midsummer in Sweden. Everybody go camping. I went with my friends camping in Úthlíð (can´t find the camera with pics from it) I had to leave saturdaynight because I had standby the day after. When I came to Reykajvík the standby had been cancelled which was nice because I could than join my family in a summerhouse at Thingvellir.
My friend Björg got married last weekend. They lives in Indiana, USA so it was not possible to give them a prensent they would need to travel with in stead I made the weddingcake. It was for 140 people and I am a bit proud of myself. The wedding was in a cute house in the country. Everything was very chilled and the food was grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. I sat on a table with a Swedish girl and couple that is studying in Sweden so I spoke quite alot of Swedish wich I think is so much fun to do :)

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com