Rakel Björk

Monday, May 21, 2007

Hi all my friends...
I know it was a time for a new blog some time ago but so much has been happening that I have had a hard time comprehending it and harder to know what to write.

My dear Emma Katrín, 8 year old nice of mine passed away few days ago after a short but hard struggle with a tumor. She was a real princess and knew how to make people treat her like one. She was so clever that she always amazed me and I was looking so forward to se what she would become when she would get older because I knew she would be so good at it and go far. She lighted up the room when she entered it and made everyone smile around her. Now she is the most beautifaul angle in heaven and lights up the sky. All my sympathy to her parents Gísli and Gréta and here brothers Baldvin and Greipur. My God help them through this tremendous loss.

I was in Florida when she passed away and was luckily staying with very good friends there. My friends, Andreas, Hasse and Magnus are so good persons that they made me smile through my tears and keep me relaxed in my vacation.

I had good times in Florida. The weather could have been better, it was quite often windy and cloudy so there were not all that many days spent by the pool, but all more days spent shopping. Me and Inga even drove to West Palm to go to the mall there. My bags were so stuffed with new stuff that I was getting worried that the zipper might brake. But now I am home and it has been nice to give everyone what I bought for them.
I really wanted to get some tan over there and I was sometimes very stubborn, lying by the pool with goosebumbs of chill knowing that I might get some tan through the clouds. I burn very easely and use alot of sunscreen and on those two weeks I finished a whole sunscreen-bottle!
I went out couple of times and I must say that I was shocked with the way the girls dance. Obviouse that MTV is having some influence on them. We the Europeans loved to talk about cultural difference to our american friends Logan and Melissa.
How small is the world! In Florida I met one of the new Keflavik based pilots. We have a mutual friend that he was wisiting. I took a picture of us together, me sitting in his lap... wonder if I am giving him a wrong impression of Icelandic steawardesses hmm...
I did some flights over there, so nice to get up in the air again.
I met alot of the old crew from last summer, Sören, Vegard, Yfstach, Cat and more and so nice that Kristian came from dk to FL as well. I miss those guys allready but wow how I am looking forward to meet them on airports in the future. I can so see it happen, me noticing them and running like crazy towards them, so everybody would be like, who is that crazy blond running there hehehe.

When I was on my way to Orlando for my flight back to Iceland I got a sms from mom saying that my sister was having her baby. I was so excited. At the airport I went to a Disney store and called mom to ask if the baby had come yet because I wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl so I could know what to buy. But my sister was then still in delivery and nothing known about the sex. I was looking at some teddybears for it and then I saw this Hello Kitty hair brush and I felt how the tears were trying to come out. Hello Kitty was Emma´s favourit and she loved brushing my hair and put something in it. So many motions going on, sad- and happiness at the same time. I struggeld with holding the tears but after take off i just started crying and cried half way home, salted the food with my tears. I had a whole seatrow just for me so I just layed down and pulled a blanket over my head. Sometimes we just have to let the tears come out.

After we landed in Keflavik I turned my phone on dying to know how my sister Eva was doing. She had had a baby girl. I went straight to the airport to the hospital to see my little nice, and wow how cute she is!!! I could not take my eyes of here. Eva and Stefán also looked great! Glowing and no way to tell that they had gone through a childsbirth just few hours earlier. Congrats Eva and Stefán and me as well because I do own a bit in my nice and I promise to spoil here :)
 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com